FL8 Trouble

Ask Your Questions Here... Get Answers From Vexilar Pro Staff and Employees.

FL8 Trouble

Postby mpschultz » Dec 31, 2010

I am having trouble with my vexilar. The unit will not pick up my bait. I have read the FAQ's section and that didn't help. My transducer is level. The battery is fully charged. Is it possible that one of the wires in the cable has broken? Not sure if the problem is with the unit or transducer itself.
mpschultz

Re: FL8 Trouble

Postby Corey Studer » Dec 31, 2010

I'd give Pat in service a call to discuss further. 952-884-5291
Corey Studer

Postby JJH » Jan 03, 2011

I would check the wires on the transducer. Ensure the cable is not cracked or broken at the top of the transducer (most common spot), and at the connection to the unit. i just recently had to re solder the wires to the connection.
JJH

Postby mpschultz » Jan 03, 2011

Thanks JJH. Problem solved. It turns out that one of the wires was broken on the transducer cable. I took the connector that attaches to the unit apart and found a broken wire. I resoldered it and put the connector back on. Took the unit out today for a test drive and it works great. I caught 2 walleyes as an added bonus.
Thanks again.
mpschultz

Postby JJH » Jan 04, 2011

Awesome! Glad to see it was a simple easy fix!
JJH

Postby Yomax4 » Jan 12, 2011

Howdi. I am the dumb new guy on here with a dumb new guy question. I picked um an FL8 with brand new battery and brand new transducer. ( has old transducer as well ) On dry land, I turn the unit on and it shows all colors on the top but does not show bottom. I went to Gander and turned one on it showed bottom very well. Is my FL8 fried? Thanks...
Yomax4

Postby Matt Johnson » Jan 12, 2011

Yomax4,
See if you can get out and give it a try on the ice (in the water). Dry ground tests can be mis-leading... let me know what you find out...
Good Fishin,
Matt Johnson
www.MattJohnsonOutdoors.com
Year-round Guided Fishing Trips
Matt Johnson
Vexilar Pro Staff

Postby Yomax4 » Jan 14, 2011

I trid this in the lake today, I have a brand new tranceducer and a used puck transducer for this FL8. It does not read bottom at all no matter what but when I slide either trans. across the snow it will squeal and show a lot of random lines all over the screen. Is this unit repairable?

Thanks in advance for the help.
Yomax4

Postby Matt Johnson » Jan 16, 2011

We'll get you back on your feet. Give Pat a call at the service dept at Vexilar... 952-884-5291... he will get you dialed in...
Good Fishin,
Matt Johnson
www.MattJohnsonOutdoors.com
Year-round Guided Fishing Trips
Matt Johnson
Vexilar Pro Staff

Return to Vexilar FAQ